McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation, as part of Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation, provides vital funding to enable the best possible patient care at McMaster Children’s Hospital, including Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre and McMaster University Medical Centre. The Foundation inspires and motivates gifts that fund medical equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, essential redevelopment of clinical care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
McMaster Children’s Hospital is the second largest provider of inpatient pediatric services in Ontario. The Hospital is home to the province’s largest neonatal intensive care unit including supportive maternal care, the largest pediatric mental health program in Canada, and the only inpatient pediatric cancer program in south-central Ontario.
Natalie Hammond from Burford started to feel pain throughout her body that made it difficult for her to move. An MRI revealed a shocking and rare diagnosis.
https://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/WEB-Natalie.jpg6911030Michael Cordeirohttp://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/hhsf-logo.pngMichael Cordeiro2019-05-14 15:58:382019-05-15 14:14:14Perseverance of a Champion
Illyria from Stoney Creek was terrified after discovering the life-threatening cause of her hormone deficiency.
https://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/WEB-Illyria.jpg13482022Michael Cordeirohttp://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/hhsf-logo.pngMichael Cordeiro2019-05-14 15:58:212019-05-14 16:26:48“Am I Going to Die?”
Fast Facts – McMaster Children’s Hospital
• More than 175,000 patient visits a year
• The 4th largest inpatient pediatric hospital in Canada, and the second largest provider of inpatient pediatric services in Ontario
• The largest pediatric mental health program in Canada
• The largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Ontario, including supportive maternal care
• The largest pediatric outpatient eating disorder program based on patient visits in Ontario
• The only inpatient Pediatric Cancer Program in the region
• The only pediatric trauma centre in the region
• Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre is the only centre of its kind in Canada offering such a breadth and combination of services for the children and youth of the region with physical, mental and developmental challenges.
MCHF on Facebook
Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations
McMaster Children’s Hospital is a proud partner of Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations, which represents 13 children’s hospitals from coast to coast. Through collaboration, Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations helps ensure that the teams caring for children and youth across the region receive the highest level of care.
Thanks to donors from across the country, children’s hospital foundations are the largest single non-government funder of children’s health in Canada.