The warning signs started early in Joe’s life. With a head that was always disproportionately large compared to his body, baby Joe from Guelph was a particularly reserved infant who was not very vocal or active for his age.
McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation, as part of Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation, is focused on raising funds in support of McMaster Children’s Hospital, including Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre, McMaster University Medical Centre and their programs. The Foundation provides funding for leading-edge equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, redevelopment of patient care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation supports specialized pediatric and women’s reproductive health programs. As a foundation, we are focused on enabling outstanding patient care through our goal of Health Care, Transformed.
The 5th annual Miracle Plane Pull for McMaster Children’s Hospital will be held at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum at John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport on Sunday, June 4, 2017.
Fast Facts – McMaster Children’s Hospital
• More than 210,000 patient visits a year
• The 4th largest inpatient pediatric hospital in Canada, and the second largest provider of inpatient pediatric services in Ontario
• The largest single-site inpatient pediatric mental health program in Canada
• The largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Ontario, including supportive maternal care
• The largest pediatric outpatient eating disorder program based on patient visits in Ontario
• The only Pediatric Cancer Program in the region
• The only pediatric trauma centre in the region
• Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre is the only centre of its kind in Canada offering such a breadth and combination of services for the children and youth of the region with physical, mental and developmental challenges.
MCHF on Facebook
Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations
McMaster Children’s Hospital is a proud partner of Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations, which represents 13 children’s hospitals from coast to coast. Through collaboration, Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations helps ensure that the teams caring for children and youth across the region receive the highest level of care.
Thanks to donors from across the country, children’s hospital foundations are the largest single non-government funder of children’s health in Canada.