Hamilton Marathon is going virtual!
“Go the distance” for patients at Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster Children’s Hospital and St. Peter’s Hospital at the Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope on Saturday, October 31 and Sunday, November 1, 2020. You have the power to make a vital difference!
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation is an official charity partner in the Hamilton Marathon, which is ranked as Canada’s number-one qualifier for The Boston Marathon. The year’s event is virtual and features a 5K Virtual Walk/Run, 10K Virtual Walk/Run, Virtual Half Marathon Run, Virtual Half Marathon Walk and a Virtual Marathon.
Whether you are a competitive runner or want to set a personal fitness goal, you can participate and fundraise to help support medical equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, essential redevelopment of clinical care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
How to Register and Fundraise
1. Click here and you will be directed to the online registration form on the Hamilton Marathon website.
2. Click on the “Register Now” button.
3. Provide your email address and either create or provide a password.
4. Select which event you will be participating in (walk, run, marathon, etc.).
5. Enter your personal information or that of someone else, should you be registering them.
6. Select your charity of choice from the drop-down menu. You can choose to support:
• Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation
• Hamilton General Hospital Foundation
• Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre Foundation
• McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation
• St. Peter’s Hospital Foundation
This step is critical. If you do not specify your charity of choice, all of your pledges will be directed to another charity.
7. Read and check the waiver.
8. Complete the remaining portion of registration.
After you register, you will be able to set up your personal fundraising page which will enable you to send a link to friends and family and collect online pledges. Fundraising makes a vital difference. Thank you to all participants and donors who are helping to enhance care across Hamilton Health Sciences! For Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope’s main page, please go to hamiltonmarathon.ca.