Go the Distance & Help Transform Health Care!
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation is asking you to “go the distance” for patients at St. Peter’s Hospital, McMaster Children’s Hospital, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre and Hamilton General Hospital at the Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope on Saturday, November 4 and Sunday, November 5, 2017. You have the power to transform health care!
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation is an official charity partner in the Hamilton Marathon, which is ranked as the number-one qualifier for The Boston Marathon. The event will be held at Confederation Park in Hamilton and features a 1K for Kids (also open to people of all ages with health or mobility challenges), 5K and 10K races, as well as a full and half marathon.
Whether you are a competitive runner or want to set a personal fitness goal, you can participate and fundraise to help support capital redevelopment projects, purchase medical equipment and technology, and invest in research and education.
How to Register and Fundraise
1. Click here and you will be directed to the online registration form on the Hamilton Marathon website.
2. Click on the “Register Now” button.
3. Provide your email address and a either create or provide a password.
4. Select which event you will be participating in (walk, run, marathon, etc.).
5. Enter your personal information or that of someone else, should you be registering them.
6. Select your charity of choice from the drop-down menu. Once again you can chose to support:
• Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation
• Hamilton General Hospital Foundation
• Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre Foundation
• McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation
• St. Peter’s Hospital Foundation
7. Read and check the waiver.
This step is critical; otherwise all of your pledges will be directed to City Kidz (one of the charities supported by the Hamilton Marathon).
8. Complete the remaining portion of registration.
After you register, you will be able to set up your personal fundraising page which will enable you to send a link to friends and family and collect online pledges. Registration fees go directly to the Hamilton Marathon, so fundraising is essential! For Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope’s main page, please go to: www.hamiltonmarathon.ca
Questions? Please contact Tamara Pope at email@example.com or 905-521-2100 x 43744
Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope – Race Weekend Details
Friday, November 3, 1 – 6 p.m.
Race kit pick-up and Health & Fitness Expo
Saturday, November 4
8:00 am – 9:30 am Registration for 1K, 5K
8:00 am – 10:30 am Registration for 10K
9:30 am 1K Run for Kidz
10:00 am 5K Run and Family Walk
11:00 am 10K Run
8:00 am – 4:00 pm Registration and Race Kit pick up for Half and Full Marathon.
Saturday from 9:00a -1:00 pm “KIDS ZONE” Inflatables and games for the children!
Sunday, November 5
5:00 – 6:45 am Buses leave for start of Marathon and Half Marathon races from Confederation Park
NO RACE KIT PICK UP ON RACE DAY
7:30 am Marathon Marathon and Half Marathon
7:45 am Half Marathon Start of Races are at ArcelorMittal Dofasco Park
11:30 am Awards Presentations