HAMILTON, ON: On April 12, McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation celebrated the nearly $880,000 raised from LCBO’s annual The Joy of Giving Back holiday campaign.
The 2018 campaign exceeded all expectations and raised a record-breaking amount for McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation.
“It’s incredible to see the community rally behind LCBO to raise record-breaking campaign funds for McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation,” says Pearl Veenema, President and CEO, Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation. “We thank LCBO, its employees and customers for making a vital difference in the lives of patients and families who rely on the care at McMaster Children’s Hospital.”
Between November 26 and December 31, 2018, customers at LCBO stores throughout south-central Ontario made donations in support of McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation. Customer service representatives also invited customers to add a $2, $5 or $10 donation to their purchase. The campaign also supported Ontario’s three other children’s hospitals.
The funds raised for McMaster Children’s Hospital – south-central Ontario’s only children’s hospital – are helping to ensure that the Hospital’s dedicated team of health care professionals has the equipment and other resources needed to provide extraordinary care to thousands of children and their families.
Proceeds from the campaign are supporting a variety of initiatives across McMaster Children’s Hospital, including:
- The completion of our campaign to purchase a neurosurgical microscope, which provides enhanced visualization for highly delicate surgery in the brain and spine. This technology is especially critical for brain-cancer treatment.
- The Alcohol/Substance Abuse/Addictions and Mental Health Response Program, which enables better screening, identifying and providing appropriate care for high-risk youth.
- The purchase of two Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) ventilators to help provide air to critically ill infants with underdeveloped lungs.
- The Pediatric Palliative Care Program, to better support children with life-limiting illness and improve their comfort, dignity and quality of life.
- Our campaign to renovate the third-floor Oncology Clinic and create an innovative and welcoming environment specifically designed for the needs of patients.
Marketing and Communications Specialist
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation
905-521-2100 ext. 73374
About McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation:
McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation, as part of Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation, provides vital funding to enable the best possible patient care at McMaster Children’s Hospital, including Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre and McMaster University Medical Centre. The Foundation inspires and motivates gifts that fund medical equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, essential redevelopment of clinical care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
McMaster Children’s Hospital is the second largest provider of inpatient pediatric services in Ontario. The Hospital is home to the province’s largest neonatal intensive care unit including supportive maternal care, the largest pediatric mental health program in Canada, and the only inpatient pediatric cancer program in south-central Ontario.