Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre Foundation, as part of Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation, provides vital funding to enable the best possible patient care at Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre. The Foundation inspires and motivates gifts that fund medical equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, essential redevelopment of clinical care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre is one of Ontario’s most comprehensive cancer centres and the only site in south-central Ontario treating all cancers. It is one of three centres in Ontario providing all forms of stem cell transplants supporting patients with blood cancers. It is also home to the Regional Cancer Program, which coordinates cancer care with partners based across Hamilton, Brant, Haldimand, Niagara and Burlington.
Latest JHCCF News
Fast Facts – Juravinski
- the only site in the region treating all cancers
- home to the region’s only stem cell transplant, acute leukemia and blood cancer programs
- as home to the Regional Cancer Program, the largest combined volume of chemotherapy visits in Ontario is overseen by Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre
- the Regional Cancer Program oversees the second largest number of patient visits in Ontario, and includes community-based oncology clinics at hospitals in Brantford and Burlington, and a partnership in Niagara
- the second largest Preventative Oncology Program based on new patients in Ontario
- the fourth busiest total joint replacement program in Ontario based on volume
- one of three hospitals in Ontario providing all forms of adult stem cell transplants.
- a comprehensive cancer clinical trials program is housed at the Escarpment Cancer Research Institute