Hamilton General Hospital Foundation, as part of Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation, provides vital funding to enable the best possible patient care at Hamilton General Hospital, including the Regional Rehabilitation Centre. The Foundation inspires and motivates gifts that fund medical equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, essential redevelopment of clinical care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
Hamilton General Hospital is home to the highest volume cardiac surgical centre and integrated stroke programs in Ontario. It is also one of only two adult regional burn centres and the second busiest trauma program. Co-located at the Hospital is the Regional Rehabilitation Centre, which provides intensive therapy for patients, recovering from a stroke, acquired brain injury, amputation or spinal cord injury.
Ben Fanelli from Waterloo nearly died in 2009. While playing for the Kitchener Rangers, an Ontario Hockey League (OHL) team, the 16-year-old was checked hard during a game and his head smashed into the boards.
https://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Ben-Featured.jpg7681366Michael Cordeirohttp://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/hhsf-logo.pngMichael Cordeiro2019-08-08 10:12:572019-08-14 15:48:38OHL Player Nearly Dies on the Ice
Dr. Wes Oczkowski’s life was in danger, and he didn’t even know it. An intense pain developed in his chest one morning in February 2019 when he was clearing the snow from his car.
https://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/WEB-Dr-Wes-Oczkowski.jpg10371556Michael Cordeirohttp://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/hhsf-logo.pngMichael Cordeiro2019-08-02 10:57:242019-08-02 10:57:24When a Doctor Becomes a Patient
Constable Phil Sheldon of Beamsville was attempting to rescue a woman from a burning home in July 2015 when the house exploded, resulting in third- and fourth-degree burns to 50 per cent of his body.
https://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/WEB-Phil-Tanya-Sheldon-July-30-2018-8.jpg10371556Michael Cordeirohttp://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/hhsf-logo.pngMichael Cordeiro2019-08-02 10:46:532019-08-15 10:01:33Back in Action after the Fire
• the leading cardiac surgery program in Ontario
• works in partnership to perform the largest number of cardiac catheterizations and PCI (angioplasties) in Ontario
• treats the highest volume of heart attack patients in Ontario
• the third largest number of ICDs (implanted cardioverter defibrillator)
• the largest integrated stroke program in Ontario
• the second busiest burn program in Ontario and home to one of only two adult regional burn centres in the province
• the busiest trauma centre outside Toronto
• co-located at the Hospital is the Regional Rehabilitation Centre, which provides intensive therapy for patients recovering from a stroke, acquired brain injury, amputation or spinal cord injury
• the David Braley Cardiac, Vascular and Stroke Research Institute is also housed on the campus