Hamilton General Hospital Foundation, as part of Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation, is focused on raising funds in support of Hamilton General Hospital, the Regional Rehabilitation Centre and their programs. The Foundation provides funding for leading-edge equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, redevelopment of patient care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
Hamilton General Hospital Foundation supports specialized cardiac and vascular care, trauma and burn treatment, stroke and neurosciences, and rehabilitation programs. As a foundation, we are focused on enabling outstanding patient care through our goal of Health Care, Transformed.
Each passing moment can mean the difference between life and…
Fast Facts – The General
• the leading cardiac surgery program in Ontario
• works in partnership to perform the largest number of cardiac catheterizations and PCI (angioplasties) in Ontario
• treats the highest volume of heart attack patients in Ontario
• the third largest number of ICDs (implanted cardioverter defibrillator)
• the largest integrated stroke program in Ontario
• the second busiest burn program in Ontario and home to one of only two adult regional burn centres in the province
• the busiest trauma centre outside Toronto
• co-located at the Hospital is the Regional Rehabilitation Centre, which provides intensive therapy for patients recovering from a stroke, acquired brain injury, amputation or spinal cord injury
• the David Braley Cardiac, Vascular and Stroke Research Institute is also housed on the campus