Hamilton General Hospital Foundation, as part of Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation, provides vital funding to enable the best possible patient care at Hamilton General Hospital, including the Regional Rehabilitation Centre. The Foundation inspires and motivates gifts that fund medical equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, essential redevelopment of clinical care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
Hamilton General Hospital is home to the highest volume cardiac surgical centre and integrated stroke programs in Ontario. It is also one of only two adult regional burn centres and the second busiest trauma program. Co-located at the Hospital is the Regional Rehabilitation Centre, which provides intensive therapy for patients recovering from a stroke, acquired brain injury, amputation or spinal cord injury.
We are honoured to be recognized once again as one of 10 “High Performer” health care foundations in Canada by the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP).
https://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/High-Performer.jpg6301500Michael Cordeirohttp://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/hhsf-logo.pngMichael Cordeiro2019-12-20 09:00:442020-01-02 15:59:00The Foundation Recognized as “High Performer” by AHP
Stephanie Hickey suddenly lost strength on the left side of her body. The 34-year-old from Hamilton was six-months pregnant, and the safety of her unborn child was foremost on her mind as her limp body began to collapse.
https://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/WEB-Stephanie-Hickey-Iris-Aug-6-2019-1-Copy.jpg10371556Michael Cordeirohttp://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/hhsf-logo.pngMichael Cordeiro2019-11-15 07:00:032020-01-02 15:57:28Suffering a Stroke While Pregnant
Donors and clinical teams celebrated the opening of the new Hybrid Operating Suite at Hamilton General Hospital.
https://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Web-Hybrid-Operating-Suite.jpg10371556Michael Cordeirohttp://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/hhsf-logo.pngMichael Cordeiro2019-11-08 09:49:162019-11-08 09:49:16Shorter Surgical Times Thanks to New Hybrid Operating Suite
Shana Greatrix from Port Ryerse had trouble catching her breath. Unbeknownst to her, she was dangerously close to losing her life.
https://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/WEB-Shana-Greatrix.jpg10371556Michael Cordeirohttp://hamiltonhealth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/hhsf-logo.pngMichael Cordeiro2019-09-30 09:30:392019-10-08 10:56:58Close to Her Last Breath
Fast Facts – The General
• the leading cardiac surgery program in Ontario
• works in partnership to perform the largest number of cardiac catheterizations and PCI (angioplasties) in Ontario
• treats the highest volume of heart attack patients in Ontario
• the third largest number of ICDs (implanted cardioverter defibrillator)
• the largest integrated stroke program in Ontario
• the second busiest burn program in Ontario and home to one of only two adult regional burn centres in the province
• the busiest trauma centre outside Toronto
• co-located at the Hospital is the Regional Rehabilitation Centre, which provides intensive therapy for patients recovering from a stroke, acquired brain injury, amputation or spinal cord injury
• the David Braley Cardiac, Vascular and Stroke Research Institute is also housed on the campus